Reinforcement of sanitary rules for the Christmas markets
Due to the worsening of the health situation, the sanitary rules are reinforced and must be strictly respected. These measures take effect from Friday, December 3 at the opening of the Christmas markets:
- Masks must be worn in public during market opening hours across the entire scope of the Christmas market.
- Access to the markets of Place Broglie, Place Kléber and place of the castle is only possible with a health pass.
- Removing the mask to eat or drink something is only possible in dedicated areas. The presentation of the health pass will be necessary to access them. These areas will be extended to allow visitors to consume safely.
- The Christmas markets will close every evening at 8:00 pm.
Travelling to Strasbourg
Travel time to Strasbourg by TGV Est high-speed train:
- Metz / Nancy : 47 min
- Reims : 1h20
- Paris : 1h46
- Aéroport Charles de Gaulle : 1h51
- Lille : 2h47
- Nantes : 4h15
- Rennes : 4h59
It’s also easy to get to lots of other towns and villages in Alsace using the local TER train network.
Many national and international airlines fly into Strasbourg-Entzheim and Basel-Mulhouse airports daily.
Getting around Strasbourg
“P+Tram” car parks
Park at a Park & Ride car park, near a tram stop and get return tram and/or bus tickets for everyone in the car. The ideal way to get into the city centre cheaply and easily.
Trams and buses
It’s easy to get around the centre of Strasbourg using the public transport network.
Please note, however, that certain tram stops are closed in the daytime or at the weekends during the festive period:
- Homme de Fer – closed in the daytime
- Langstross Grand rue – closed at the weekend
- Broglie – completely closed
Parking in Strasbourg
Strasbourg offers a large number of free and pay car parks, both indoor and outdoor.
Find all the car parks and see the number of spaces free in real time on: http://carto.strasmap.eu/parking.
Here are some phone numbers that may be useful when you are in Strasbourg:
- Strasbourg City Hall: +33 (0)3 68 98 50 00
- Tourist Office: +33 (0)3 88 52 28 28
- Car pound: +33 (0)3 90 40 14 00