" This defensive tower (from the early 14th century) was one of the prisons of Riquewihr. The town was the seat of the court leet when it was a part of Wurtemberg. "
The 'Museum of the Thieves' is housed in the tower located in the northwest corner of the 13th century fortifications. Converted into a prison in the 15th century, it still contains a 5 meter (16.5 ft)-deep oubliette (or underground cell) and a strappado (an instrument of torture) such as they were used in the 18th century. On the upper floor, the guardroom communicates with a wine-grower's house built in 1563. The kitchen and the bedroom are furnished. The storeroom contains a wine-press and tools used in the wine-growing trade whereas the cellar seems ready to receive the wine from the next harvest. Temporary exhibitions.
- Pets allowed : yes
Opening times and dates are subject to change depending on circumstances. Please take your precautions.
- Ouverture et service de vente proposé : Open to the public
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Wearing a mask is mandatory