Travelling to Colmar
Travel time to Colmar by TGV high-speed train :
- Metz/Nancy : 1h20
- Reims : 2h30
- Paris : 2h20
- Lyon : 3h15
- Lille : 3h50
- Montpellier : 5h20
Colmar is also easy to reach from Strasbourg, Mulhouse and other towns and villages in Alsace using the local TER trains.
Parking in Colmar
During the festive season, Colmar town centre is closed to cars so that you stroll around the town in complete peace and safety.
- Parking Parc Expo <> Christmas markets: Saturdays and Sundays only
- Parking Bleyle (Station) <> Christmas markets: Monday to Sunday
During the three weekends in December, the Colmar TRACE transport authority is setting up a special bus offer to facilitate access to shops and Christmas markets:
- Sundays: special buses with 7 dedicated Christmas lines and reinforced schedules;
- Saturdays and Sundays in December: free buses throughout the TRACE network
Paid car parks
We encourage you as much as possible to favor travel by bus, train or shuttle.
However, if you are looking for parking in Colmar, here are the paid car parks near the Christmas Markets.
Visit the local area
Kaysersberg, Riquewihr and Ribeauvillé
Accessible by Christmas Shuttle – weekends only
During December, the magic of Christmas takes over the three pearls of the Alsatian vineyards. During the Advent weekends, take the opportunity to discover these emblematic destinations aboard the Christmas Shuttle which runs in a continuous loop from Colmar railway station (buy your ticket from the driver).
Accessible by Christmas Shuttle – every day
Experience the intimate Christmas atmosphere in the heart of Eguisheim, officially classified as one of the “Most beautiful villages in France”. You can stop off and enjoy the charm by taking the Christmas Shuttle, which runs every day from Colmar railway station.
Here are some phone numbers that may be useful when you are in Colmar :
- Colmar Town Hall: +33 (0)3 89 20 68 68
- Tourist Office: +33 (0)3 89 20 68 92
- Car pound: +33 (0)3 89 20 68 23 - +33 (0)6 82 44 40 14