" Did you know that? Sélestat is home to the oldest known mention of the Christmas tree to date! An installation visible from the outside of the Humanist Library shows you this mention! "
Sélestat is home to the oldest known written record of the Christmas tree tradition in the world! The famous account book from 1521, along with two more recent accounts of the Christmas tree tradition (1555 and 1600), are on display in the Humanist Library every year during the festive season. Closed on 26/12.
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : French
- Prices : Free access to the exhibition, access to the museum with a fee
- Type d'évènement, exposition : Fairy tales/ local histories and legends
- Lieu/Départ de la manifestation : Bibliothèque Humaniste
- Stationnement pour véhicules : Less than 200 m from a paying public car park
Opening times and dates are subject to change depending on circumstances. Please take your precautions.